Turbogears on Python 2.5

Brian Myers tarkawebfoot at charter.net
Mon Jul 20 19:19:39 PDT 2009

I just installed Python2.5 and py25_turbogears. I'm getting the
following error from the python2.5 prompt:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/turbogears/
__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
     from turbogears import controllers, view, database, validators,
command, \
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/turbogears/widgets/
__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
     from turbogears.widgets.base import *
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/turbogears/widgets/
base.py", line 5, in <module>
     from turbogears import view, validators, startup, config
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/turbogears/
startup.py", line 24, in <module>
     pkg_resources.require("TurboGears")
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pkg_resources.py",
line 626, in require
     needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pkg_resources.py",
line 524, in resolve
     raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: PasteDeploy

I installed py25_pastedeploy and py25_paste and TurboGears imported
correctly. Looks like some dependencies are missing?