mod_perl / rrdtool conflict

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Jun 3 10:03:24 PDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Brian Hirt wrote:
> I was installing mod_perl and I got this conflict:
>
> --->  Activating mod_perl @1.30_0
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/
> local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/darwin-2level/perllocal.pod is being used by
> the active rrdtool port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use
> 'port -f activate mod_perl' to force the activation.
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: mod_perl
>
> Any advice besides forcing the install?

Forcing the install should be OK in this case.

Both the mod_perl and rrdtool ports should be updated to not install
that file.

If you could file a bug report so that the maintainer(s) know that it
needs to be fixed, that would be great.

[You can reference the ImageMagick and git-core ports as including
examples of how to fix it]

--
Daniel J. Luke