version update/checksum update for HDF5?

Tyson Brown tyson.brown at usask.ca
Thu Jun 4 14:11:57 PDT 2009

In trying to install Octave using MacPorts, I consistently encounter
the following error:

--->  Verifying checksum(s) for hdf5
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for hdf5-1.6.8.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for hdf5-1.6.8.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for hdf5-1.6.8.tar.gz
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
checksums

I have done a port sync, AND I have gone and looked at the provider's
site ( http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/ ).  When I do that, I see
the version of HDF5 has changed from 1.6.8 to 1.6.9.  In reading the
docs for MacPorts, I see that if there has been a "stealth" version
update, people should update the checksums to reflect that.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.  Any hints out there for
how to fix this issue?

- Tyson.Brown at usask.ca  - Tel: (306) 966-4758, Fax: (306) 966-4938
    U of S Blackboard Coordination: http://blackboard.usask.ca/
    U of S Web Coordination:   http://www.usask.ca/web_project/