OSX Upgrades: Snow Leopard

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Tue Jun 9 05:45:42 PDT 2009

Le 9 juin 09 à 14:32, Kurt Hillig a écrit :

> On the other hand I recently upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5 and my
> machine was horribly unstable until I blew away the MacPorts
> install.  I'm not sure why this was, and I didn't have the time or
> gumption to run a lot of diagnostics, so it could well be that
> something less drastic would have sufficed.

When you upgrade, the libraries change, so you may have to recompile
some of your bricks. For example, when SL will be out, we'll have, at
least, a 64-bit API to QuickTime, so we'll be able to compile
WxWindows safely in 64-bit mode. But maybe also the old AGL will
vanished, and all ports that are based on it will have to be rebuild,
etc.

Vincent