Reverting to previous ports - mysql5

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Tue Jun 9 06:17:12 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-08 , at 11:27 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> I copied/pasted the MYSQL5-SERVER line from the terminal.
>> This is copied/pasted from /etc/hostconfig
>>
>> MYSQL5-SERVER=-YES-
>>
>> For the time being I have manually started mysql on the 10.3 system
>> and will hand start if we have to reboot.
>
> I am guessing it is using the port name as the key for the
> hostconfig file, and that the hostconfig file does not support
> hyphens in its variable names. So that would be a problem. Perhaps I
> can tell it to continue to use the key "mysql5" ("startupitem.name
> mysql5"?) You can try adding that to the mysql5-server port already
> if you want, but I will also test when I'm back at my Panther
> machine tonight.

That certainly did the trick - to think a "-" in a name should be such
a problem...

$ diff Portfile Portfile~
33d32
< startupitem.name	mysql5

add MYSQL5=-YES- to /etc/hostconfig

$ sudo SystemStarter -v start mysql5
Welcome to Macintosh.
Starting SecurityServer
Initializing network
Checking disks
lockfile: Sorry, giving up on "/var/run/NFS.StartupItem"
Starting mysql5
Starting MySQL. SUCCESS!
Startup complete.
Hangup
$ ps -axww | grep sql
13682  ??  S      0:00.03 sh /opt/local/bin/mysqld_safe
13720  ??  S      0:00.44 /opt/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/opt/local
13722 std  R+     0:00.01 grep sql
$ sudo SystemStarter -v restart mysql5
Welcome to Macintosh.
Restarting mysql5