GnuGash won't start: The return of gconf/dbus issues.

David Rowe drowe at roden.myzen.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 09:46:35 PDT 2009

A. Osthoff wrote:
> David Rowe schrieb:
>
> Hi,
>

>> After the latest MacPorts upgrades, my GnuCash installation won't start:
>>
>> . . . .
>>

> I already pointed this out on the mailing list on June 6th. ;)
> I was able to "re"activate gconf 2.24.0_0 to resolve the issue. (The
> current dbus is working fine here).
>

>> If it a general problem, should I raise a ticket?
>>

> If I recall the previous discussion correctly a ticket has been already
> filed. See
> http://www.nabble.com/Updated-Gnucash-doesn%27t-handle-preferences-to19831050.html#a19832473
>
> cheers,
> 	achim

I was aware of the above - I had that problem myself at the end of last
year, but it seems to have been fixed fixed months ago.

I normally update my system two or three times a week and this new
version of the problem has only arisen in the last two or three days.
I see that gconf was last updated on 23 May 09, but dbus was last
updated (to @1.2.14) on 15 June 09 - so it looks to me like it is this
dbus update that is causing the problem. The symptoms may look like last
year's problem (i.e. gconf can't talk to dbus) - it it probably has a
different cause.

DR