dbus

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Thu Jun 18 17:22:23 PDT 2009

Le 16 juin 09 à 12:38, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> On Jun 14, 2009, at 09:56, Thomas De Contes wrote:

>>> No,
>>
>> i was not spoking about "do it right now", but rather "is it
>> possible to improve MacPorts, so it will be able to do it later"
>> possibly with adding an option to ./configure or to port command,
>> to allow it to do so
>>
>> still no ?
>
> dbus, apache2 and apache20 are the only ports that have a
> no_startupitem variant. vnc and tightvnc have similar no_server
> variants, but I think that's all. So I don't think we should invest
> time in changing MacPorts base for something that would only be
> used by five ports.

ok :-)

>>> but if you are certain you never want any port to install a
>>> startup item, you can set the startup item type to none as Josh
>>> explained.
>>
>> the problem is that i remove macports.conf in my script (see my
>> last post in "python25")
>>
>> it can't be set via ./configure, can it ?
>
> I don't see a configure switch for that, no.

no matter, for five ports i can put "port install dbus
+no_startupitem" in my script :-)

> Most of the things you can set in macports.conf cannot be set by
> configure switches.

for essential parts, i'm happy to be able to make a script which is
able to install on a new machine all that i need without human
intervention

> Rather than add configure switches, we should probably add code to
> upgrade a macports.conf.

anyway it's a good idea :-)

--
Téléassistance / Télémaintenance