How to request MacPorts to add a port?

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sat Jun 20 06:27:23 PDT 2009

Hi Scott,

Are you referring to WWW:URLToys the perl module?

A bit more info would be nice as it may exist in ports or someone may
be working on it. A url to the homepage as an example.

If it doesn't exist in ports create a local port repo and create the
port yourself. Using a similar port as a starting point is always
popular.
When you have finished create a new trak ticket and attach your files.
Your port will get reviewed by MacPorts maintainers and someone with
commit rights will commit it when appropriate.

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.local-repositories.html

https://trac.macports.org/auth/login/

Thanks for you interest in MacPorts.

// Brad