How to request MacPorts to add a port?

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Jun 20 12:34:28 PDT 2009

It does not look like it exists. I went ahead and made a port file for
you.  When I get some time, I will submit it to the port trac.

In the meantime, you can do this:
http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.local-repositories.html

Then, in your local repo you just made, make a dir called "perl" and
in that make a dir called "p5-www-urltoys", and cd into it.

Put this in a file called "p5-www-urltoys"
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.20.09/Portfile

Contents of the file pasted below, careful of the line breaks and
wrapping that email is going to do to it.

 From inside the "p5-www-urltoys" run `sudo port install`

$sudo port install
--->  Fetching p5-www-urltoys
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for p5-www-urltoys
--->  Extracting p5-www-urltoys
--->  Configuring p5-www-urltoys
--->  Building p5-www-urltoys
--->  Staging p5-www-urltoys into destroot
--->  Installing p5-www-urltoys @1.28_0
--->  Activating p5-www-urltoys @1.28_0
--->  Cleaning p5-www-urltoys

Showing that it was installed
$port installed | grep urltoys
   p5-www-urltoys @1.28_0 (active)

I know little about perl, so just to make sure it is installed:
/opt/local/bin/perl -MWWW::URLToys -e 1
returns nothing, which I believe means it is now installed.

# $Id$

PortSystem               1.0
PortGroup                perl5 1.0

perl5.setup              WWW-URLToys 1.28
maintainers              hostwizard.com:scott

description              WWW::URLToys - gather and download URLs from
URLs

long_description         WWW::URLToys is a separation of the program
URLToys \
                          into its core code (this module), and the
programs \
                          that use it (urltoys and urltoysw). This
module has \
                          been made available via CPAN to allow others
to use \
                          URLToys commands on their Perl arrays, and
to create \
                          interfaces for URLToys that far surpass
those of the \
                          original creator.

homepage		 http://search.cpan.org/~jdrago/WWW-URLToys-1.28/URLToys.pm

checksums                md5     de1951e1a3a1f7095631376f115ed7b9 \
                          sha1
7011e9e28fb0374fea0dc29423c2bded4a099b22 \
                          rmd160
fe3e805fc7319b100ab29056cac3c02d312d1e5b

platforms               darwin