wxWidgets version?

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Mon Jun 22 14:01:13 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 01:34:00PM -0700, Adam Dershowitz said:
> Something is odd about wxWidgets and the versions.
>
> I just did a sync and outdated and macports reported:
> wxWidgets 2.8.10_0 < 2.8.9_0  (hmmm?)

>From what I understand, there were some incompatibilities with 2.8.10 so it
was back-rev'd with an increase in epoch (hence the newer version being
claimed as outdated).

> Then I did port upgrade and got this:
>
> --->  Fetching wxWidgets
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for wxWidgets
> --->  Extracting wxWidgets
> --->  Applying patches to wxWidgets
> --->  Configuring wxWidgets
> --->  Building wxWidgets
> --->  Staging wxWidgets into destroot
> --->  Deactivating wxWidgets @2.8.10_0
> --->  Uninstalling wxWidgets @2.8.10_0
> --->  Installing wxWidgets @2.8.9_0
> Error: Target org.macports.install returned: Registry error: wxWidgets
> @2.8.9_0 already registered as installed.  Please uninstall it first.

Hmm, it sounds like port got a little confused since I'm guessing you had
the original 2.8.9 installed (with epoch 0, the default) then the upgrade
appears to have not taken the newer epoch value into account.  If that's the
case that would definitely be a bug with base.

> And I then did this:
> sudo port uninstall wxWidgets @2.8.9_0
> --->  Uninstalling wxWidgets @2.8.9_0
>
> and this:   sudo port install wxWidgets @2.8.10_0
> --->  Installing wxWidgets @2.8.9_0
> --->  Activating wxWidgets @2.8.9_0
> --->  Cleaning wxWidgets

'port install' doesn't use the @version nomenclature, so it installed
whatever version is current, 2.8.9 in this case.  2.8.9 should be the right
one to have, and you got around the original bug by uninstalling 2.8.9
before the new install.

Bryan