dbus looking for libtool?

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 23 09:03:54 PDT 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 2:02 AM, Artie Ziff wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Many thanks for the interest to help.
>
> Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> Do you have both the "libtool" and "libtool1" ports installed?
>>

> I do not think so...
>
> $ port list installed | grep libtool
> libtool                        @2.2.6a         devel/libtool
> $ sudo port deactivate libtool1
> Error: port deactivate failed: Registry error: libtool1 not registered
> as installed & active.
> $
>

> There appears to be a libtool in this build directory:
> /opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
> .macports.org_release_ports_devel_dbus/work/dbus-1.2.14
>
> I cannot find a log file that shows detailed build output. How can I
> make that happen?

sudo  port -d install foo  [thats d for debug] or sudo port -du
upgrade foo [the u makes port delete the older version afterward, not
just deactivate it if the upgrade succeeds]

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.7 Darwin 9.7.0
XQuartz 2.4.0 (xorg-server 1.5.3-apple8)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non