PHP upgrade to v5.2.10

Peter Oakley peteo at oakleystudio.com
Thu Jun 25 07:43:07 PDT 2009

Here is an example usage of the date() and time() functions:

snippetStart - - - - - -

$timestamp = time();
//echo $timestamp;
$thisYear = date('Y', $timestamp);
echo $thisYear;

- - - - - - snippetEnd

After the PHP upgrade to v5.2.10, this yields "0000" for $thisYear.
Prior to the upgrade, $thisYear would be set to "2009". I also tried
using the time function directly within the date function: $thisYear
= date('Y', time()); Same result.

One other possibly important detail: I've installed a variant: php5
+apache +macosx +mysql5 +t1lib

    - Pete O