apache2 location

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sun Mar 1 15:33:33 PST 2009

On Mar 1, 2009, at 9:39 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> Is it very common to have apache and apache2 installed at the same
> time?
> Looks like they conflict to me. They write the same files.
> Shouldn't they just be conflicted so you have to uninstall apache to
> get apache2.
>
> As for perl5, why do p5 man pages exist for yet to be installed p5
> modules?
> Is that normal on other systems?
>
> How about moving collisions instead of over writing?
>
> /opt/local/var/macports/collisions/[datetime]/opt/local/share/man/
> [existing-file]

Good idea...
Also, where does MacPorts get the man pages from?  Maybe they should
just all be removed, then only the new ones get installed as you need
them when you add in a p5?

Can I simply rm all the perl man pages, new ones will come in when I
instal something?
--
Scott

* If you contact me off list replace talklists@ with scott@ *