apache2 location

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 1 18:02:35 PST 2009

On Mar 1, 2009, at 19:49, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> Also, where does MacPorts get the man pages from?  Maybe they
>> should just all be removed, then only the new ones get installed
>> as you need them when you add in a p5?
>>
>> Can I simply rm all the perl man pages, new ones will come in when
>> I instal something?
>
> Unless someone perl wise explains why they need to be there in the
> first place it's a flaw in the port that put them there.
>
> Where do they come from?

I still don't know what files you're talking about. Could you name a
specific file?

> I'm going to wipe /opt and do a clean install to find out.

You can do that if you like. Correct uninstall instructions are a bit
more than wiping out /opt/local; see the FAQ:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#HowdoIremoveoruninstallMacPorts

But note that "port provides /path/to/file" will tell you what port
provided a file.

> Something is clearly wrong.
>
> Is it true that if I want to install assp as an example, and assp
> relies on p5-z thru p5-z, and I call port like so "port -f install
> assp" that the -f flag does not apply to the deps?

-f applies to the whole chain of dependencies.

> If so, then I have to install all the failed p5 deps by hand with -f.
>
> If not, holy cow. I just ran -f on a whole chain of installs.

Yes, you did. -f applies to everything. You most likely never want to
use -f without also using -n (non-recursive).