Distribuiting packages

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 2 05:32:18 PST 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 07:04, DaNiMoTh wrote:

> 2009/3/2 Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Mar 1, 2009, at 14:47, DaNiMoTh wrote:
>>
>> You can use
>>
>> sudo port mdmg your_software
>>
>> where "your_software" is a port that installs your software.
>
> It sounds good, I can do this.
>
> But, if I want to distribute a Application.app, runnable everywhere by
> a double click ?

If your app requires external libraries, the Apple Way would be to
include those external libraries within your application bundle as
relocatable frameworks. I'm sure there must be a wealth of
documentation available on that topic from Apple and others. But it
is not something that MacPorts is designed to help you with. MacPorts
installs non-relocatable libraries and programs into a particular
prefix, by default /opt/local, changeable at compile time but not
otherwise.

P.S: Use Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not just to me.