py25-pyqt4 build fails

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Thu Mar 5 08:38:22 PST 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Artie Ziff wrote:
>> FWIW, I see this activation error on Mac OS 10.5.6
>>
>> $ sudo port install py25-pyqt4
>> --->  Installing py25-pyqt4 @4.4.4_0
>> --->  Activating py25-pyqt4 @4.4.4_0
>> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
>> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/
>> pylupdate4
>> already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to
>> activate port py25-pyqt4.
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>
> There is a file which was not put there by using MacPorts. Therefore
> the
> activation was cancelled. This can happen if you manually installed
> files into your prefix.
>
> You can force the activation to overwrite the existing files:
> sudo port -f activate py25-pyqt4

Actually it was probably put there by an earlier failed install
because of the python25 framework bug.

See
<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16068>
and
<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16334>

The port does work after you force the install, but the registry gets
all messed up - macports thinks py25-pyqt4 is active but a "port
contents py25-pyqt4" yields nothing. This is why I'm all for fixing
the framework bug even if it means users having to reinstall all py25-
* ports.

Cheers!
Frank