libpixbufloader

David Evans devans at macports.org
Fri Mar 6 02:45:01 PST 2009

Andy Schmitt wrote:
> I just compiled something that had expected to find:
> /lib/gtk-2.0/*/loaders/libpixbufloader-bmp.so
>
> Googling suggests that's a pretty common location for that folder and
> that perhaps gdk-pixbuf was installed along with gtk2 as recently as
> 2.8. But I had to manually install the gdk-pixbuf port and adjust that
> path to /lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders/libpixbufloader-bmp.so.
>
> So, did something change or did I manage to screw something up
> somewhere along the way.
>
> andy

Andy --

I think you are mixing two different versions of gtk.

The gdk_pixbuf library is now included as part of gtk2 and bmp file
format is one of the default file types that can be loaded or
saved without using an external loader module. (also jpeg, png, ico at
least)

The command

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders

will show you what additional external loader modules are installed and
where. These are usually installed by other ports
to add support for their own file types.

The port gdk-pixbuf is an old version that is compatible with gtk1,
glib1 where it was a separate library and a loader module was required
for bmp.

Perhaps the application you are trying to build is a gtk1 application?
If you have port gdk-pixbuf installed then you also have its
dependencies installed gtk1, glib1.

Try

port contents <portname>

to see what files have been installed for a given port.

gtk1 and gtk2 can coexist without interfering with each other AFAIK. (As
long as you don't link them together) ;-)

Dave