binary rpm repos?

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Mon Mar 9 19:50:28 PDT 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2009, at 17:39, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>
>> The last time I remember seeing list traffic about this, a look
>> over the port tree indicated no useful use of uninstall procs
>> (deactivate didn't exist yet and the ports tree was somewhere
>> around 1000 ports).
>
> There are the docbook xml ports now which print a message saying I
> need to run some command I'm never going to remember if I ever
> uninstall the port.

I'm not sure what you are meaning here but if there is anything that a
user NEEDS to do after uninstalling a port maybe the port uninstall
command could pause with the message and wait for confirmation,
bailing is the user clicks [n].

This isn't a big deal but some people may do something silly like
"port uninstall installed echo p5-*" not knowing that it's going to
uninstall everything.
Ok, that was me :) Trying to figure out how to chain port commands.

//Brad