Can't install cadabra

Kuniaki Mukai mukai at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Thu Mar 12 06:04:45 PDT 2009

Failing to build cadabra via MacPorts as reported in my previous message,
I have made a try  to build cadabra from source as follows  on MacOSX 10.5.6.

% git clone git://repo.or.cz/cadabra.git
% cd cadabra/
% git pull
% export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib
% export CFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
% ./configure
% make
% sudo make install
% cadabra
Cadabra 1.08 (built on Thu Mar 12 20:25:46 JST 2009)
Copyright (C) 2001-2008  Kasper Peeters <kasper.peeters at aei.mpg.de>
Info at http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/cadabra/
Available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

>{n, m}::Indices.
Assigning list property Indices to n, m.

It seems successful, though I am not familiar with software building
enough to be able to explain to others what I did.

However I still want to build the cadabra via MacPorts,
because I wand to build all neccessary softwares via MacPorts
as possible as MacPorts has the port for the software.
So I still wait for any help to build cadabra via MacPorts.

Thanks
Kuniaki

> I can't install cadabra.
> Here is the debug mode log with error message.
> I am sorry for the full long log text. I could not snip any irrelevant
> part of it because of my little knowledge on installation.
>
> I appreciate any help for installing cadabra.
>
> Kuniaki Mukai

<snip>