qt4-mac

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Mar 12 18:33:16 PDT 2009

Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>> Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
>>> Anybody built qt4-mac?  I get a horrible, horrible mess when trying to
>>> build it -- it pulls MySQL and other databases, then doesn't find them,
>>> dying on SQLite, tries to use a command 'c' which is then undefined,
>>> etc.  Is it supposed to build or just like be there?
>> This sounds a lot like a bug that was worked around in MacPorts 1.7.0.
>> If you're not yet running that version, running `sudo port selfupdate`
>> will get it for you. You'll want to clean the failed port after upgrading.
>
> Thanks Josh -- that did the trick; I already had selfupdate'd, but
> needed to clean as well.
>
> Now I found I had qt4-mac @4.3.3_0+dbus+docs, while the @4.3.3_1 has
> no such variants.  Was it the part of the workaround?

No, the workaround is in the MacPorts base code, not in any specific port.

> What does the
> dbus actually do on Mac and is it a part of qt4_mac @4.3.3_1?

D-Bus does the same thing on the Mac as it does on any other platform.
Use Google if you're interested. :-)

There are no dbus or doc variants in the new version of qt4-mac because
dbus is now always used and the docs are now always built.

- Josh