kdepimlibs4 fails on missing symbols

bobnox rjweber at ieee.org
Mon Mar 16 11:30:45 PDT 2009

I'm a noob to macports, so maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I
couldn't find this in the forum.

I'm trying to install kdebase4 using macports 1.7.0. I've XCode is version
3.1.2, which I recently downloaded form apple, so I have gcc 4.2 and 4.0
installed.

After installing macports, I ran update and sync, and then installed
kdebase4. I get to kdepimlibs4, and it fails on missing symbols. I suspect
there's a dependency problem. The error is pasted below.

--->  Building kdepimlibs4
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_kde_kdepimlibs4/work/build"
&& make all " returned error 2
Command output:       KCal::ICalTimeZoneData::~ICalTimeZoneData()in
icaltimezones.o
      KCal::ICalTimeZoneSource::parse(icalcomponent_impl*)      in
icaltimezones.o
      KCal::ICalTimeZoneSource::parse(QString const&,
KCal::ICalTimeZones&)in icaltimezones.o
  "_icalproperty_get_x_name", referenced from:

KCal::ICalFormatImpl::Private::readCustomProperties(icalcomponent_impl*,
KCal::CustomProperties*)    in icalformat_p.o
      KCal::ICalTimeZoneData::ICalTimeZoneData(KTimeZoneData const&,
KTimeZone const&, QDate const&)in icaltimezones.o
      KCal::ICalTimeZoneSource::parse(icalcomponent_impl*)      in
icaltimezones.o
  "_icalproperty_new_location", referenced from:
      KCal::ICalFormatImpl::writeLocation(QString const&, bool)in
icalformat_p.o
  "_icalvalue_isa", referenced from:
      KCal::ICalFormatImpl::readAttachment(icalproperty_impl*)       in
icalformat_p.o
  "_icaltimezone_get_builtin_timezone_from_tzid", referenced from:
      KCal::ICalTimeZoneSource::standardZone(QString const&, bool)in
icaltimezones.o
  "_icalparser_parse_string", referenced from:
      KCal::ICalFormat::parseFreeBusy(QString const&) in icalformat.o
      KCal::ICalFormat::parseScheduleMessage(KCal::Calendar*, QString
const&)in icalformat.o
  "_icalproperty_get_tzid", referenced from:
      KCal::ICalTimeZoneSource::parse(icalcomponent_impl*)      in
icaltimezones.o
  "_icalparameter_new_x", referenced from:
      KCal::ICalFormatImpl::writeAttachment(KCal::Attachment*)     in
icalformat_p.o
      KCal::ICalFormatImpl::writeAttachment(KCal::Attachment*)     in
icalformat_p.o
      KCal::ICalFormatImpl::writeAttachment(KCal::Attachment*)     in
icalformat_p.o
      KCal::ICalFormatImpl::writeAttendee(KCal::Attendee*)    in
icalformat_p.o
  "_icalproperty_get_completed", referenced from:
      KCal::ICalFormatImpl::readICalDateTimeProperty(icalproperty_impl*,
KCal::ICalTimeZones*, bool)in icalformat_p.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/libkcal.4.2.0.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kcal/CMakeFiles/kcal.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: kdebase4-runtime
kdepimlibs4 qimageblitz