LibGnomeCanvas Dependency Problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 19 22:11:54 PDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 02:55, Tom Condon wrote:

> I have run into a problem with the libgnomecanvas port
> dependencies. When I try to build it it says that libgnomecanvas is
> dependent on "gail" (error message below).
>
> ===================
> Package requirements (  gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.3   gail >= 1.9.0
> libart-2.0 >= 2.3.8   pango >= 1.0.1   pangoft2 >= 1.0.1) were not
> met:
>
> No package 'gail' found
> ===================
>
> However, when I try:
>
> port info libgnomecanvas
>
> it says:
>
> ===================
> Mac-The-Knife:~ Captain$ port info libgnomecanvas
> libgnomecanvas @2.20.1.1, Revision 2 (gnome)
> Variants:    universal
>
> The GNOMECanvas library provides a number of features: Image
> Rendering of a GdkPixBuf into various formats: drawables (windows,
> pixmaps),
> GdkRGB buffers. A cache interface.
> Homepage:    http://www.gnome.org/
>
> Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig, perl5, p5-xml-parser, intltool
> Library Dependencies: glib2, gtk2, pango, gettext, libiconv,
> libart_lgpl,
>                       libglade2
> Platforms:            darwin
> Maintainers:          nomaintainer at macports.org
> ===================
>
> With, as you see, no mention of "gail".
>
> When I try:
>
> port search gail
>
> I get:
>
> ===================
> libgail-gnome @1.20.1 (gnome)
>     An implementation of the ATK interfaces for GNOME widgets.
> ===================
>
> But an attempt to build libgail-gnome also finds a dependency on
> package "gail".

I can find no port at this time that declares a dependency on the
deleted port "gail". Try "sudo port sync" to update your ports.

> It also returns the following error, which makes no sense to me due
> to a mismatch of quotes in the shell command:
>
> ===================
> --->  Configuring at-spi
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
> shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome
> _at-spi/work/at-spi-1.24.1" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --
> enable-static --enable-platform-gnome-2 --disable-xevie --with-x "
> returned error 1

This line only tells us that an error occurred configuring the at-spi
port. The specific error that occurred is located in the subsequent
lines which you omitted to show us.