Cannot access rsync.macports.org

Paul Sijpkes paul.sijpkes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:02:53 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I just installed MacPorts 1.7.0 and my machine cannot access the rsync
URL
rsync.macports.org when I use the port -d selfupdate command.

Strangely enough, the url that ping looks up  (alpha.osforge.org)
works in a browser,
so this indicates Port 80 is open. Is it possible that whichever port
that RSYNC uses is
blocked by my ISP?  I've never had anything else blocked by them, so
this would be odd...

I've checked my firewall setting and tried pinging the above
addresses, but I have no access.
Before I contact my ISP, I'd just like to make sure that the server
still exists and also find out
which port that selfupdate uses with rsync.

Thanks for any help on this matter,
Paul