php5 & "port test php5"

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Mon Mar 23 14:22:05 PDT 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 1:00 PM, drf wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  My setup:   Mac Mini, 10.4.11, Xcode 2.5, GCC 4, MacPorts 1.7
>
> Everything compiles fine, there are some complaints about signedness
> from the compiler, but it all looks ok.  But when I run the PHP test
> suite, over 70 tests fail, including ones I wouldn't really expect,
> like on the function easterdate().  I can not find any hints
> anywhere on what might be happening, so I'm wondering if these tests
> really are that important. Should a completely default, standard,
> stock install of php5 with MacPorts pass all the PHP self tests fine?
>
> The thing is, when I set up everything myself (not using MacPorts to
> compile php5) the same set of tests failed - the config of php5 did
> reference various macport installed libraries, etc.  I am now at the
> point where I am wondering if I ought to toss all of MacPorts and
> try to install everything myself that is needed to compile php5.
>
> So any advice, pointers on where to look, or hints on 64 bit vs 32
> would be greatly appreciated

The system I tested "port test php5" already had php5 installed and
port doesn't seem to want to output anything.
However, I didn't rebuild php5 it on that system and then:

# cd `port dir php5`/work/php-5.2.8/
# make test

and virtually everything is passing or being skipped.

I don't know what to make of these results but I'll post them for you
to look at.

TEST RESULT SUMMARY
Exts skipped    :   37
Exts tested     :   42

Number of tests : 6567              5541
Tests borked    :    1 (  0.0%) --------
Tests skipped   : 1025 ( 15.6%) --------
Tests warned    :    3 (  0.0%) (  0.1%)
Tests failed    :   48 (  0.7%) (  0.9%)
Expected fail   :    4 (  0.1%) (  0.1%)
Tests passed    : 5486 ( 83.5%) ( 99.0%)
Time taken      :  664 seconds

  I have been using macports php5 for a couple weeks now coming from
gentoo and I haven't had any problems to speak of.

//Brad