some kde ports, phonon, and qt4-mac

David Evans dave.evans55 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 03:30:44 PDT 2009

Previously I said:

>While upgrading phonon I get this message:
>
>-- Found Qt-Version 4.4.3 (using /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/bin/qmake)
>-- Found Threads: TRUE
>-- Found Automoc4: /opt/local/bin/automoc4
>CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:134 (message):
> Qt compiled without support for -fvisibility=hidden.  This will break
> plugins and linking of some applications.  Please fix your Qt
installation.

>I get the same message with these ports:
>
>kdebase4   kdelibs4   kdepimlibs4   phonon
>I've recompiled qt4-mac and still get the same message.

I believe I have now found the cause of this.  I think it is because
of ccache.  I've disabled ccache in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
and recompiled qt4-mac (both the old version and the one that appeared
a couple of days ago.  Now I no longer get the above message about
-fvisibility=hidden.  Rebuilding qt4-mac with ccache makes the message
reappear.

See also bug 18912 which says more or less the same thing.