php5 & "port test php5"

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Mar 27 05:06:23 PDT 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 4:04 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I meant: if you can get php5 to even compile universal, for any
> combination of universal architectures, that would be good to know
> (and if you cannot, that would be good to know too). I'm not even
> sure all of php5's dependencies can be compiled universal. I simply
> have not yet tried

Some of them can, I would go as far as to say, most of them still can
not.  This is very much the exact reason why Mark Lyniage does not
have time to make his php installer anymore.  In some regards, it was
not possible without a lot of work to get the depends working.

The last I looked into this was a few months ago, I suspect it is
still pretty accurate today.