Cairo default configuration

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:18:33 PDT 2009

Ryan Schmidt (the maintainer of the Cairo port) asked me to lobby the
list for feedback on an issue I recently ran aground of. Cairo can be
built with multiple backends. Once upon a time, the default
configuration caused only the xlib backend to be built. You had to
take extra steps to get the quartz backend built. And then that
changed, and BOTH backends were turned on by default. Ryan recently
changed it back to the old way, so that quartz requires extra
configuration to work. I've lobbied him to revert it (I should take a
moment to thank him for providing the port in the first place, thank
you very much Ryan) so that quartz is on by default. In fact I might
go so far as to say xlib does not need to be turned on unless told to
be, but that's because for MY uses, I just need quartz.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist