kdelibs4 upgrade error -- files exists

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Sat Mar 28 15:29:35 PDT 2009

Chris Jones <christopher.rob.jones <at> cern.ch> writes:

> I experienced the same problem (I had to stop the build the first time
> I tried to install since I need to shutdown my machine).  A clean
> helps, but U still get an error during the destroot staging ?
>
> > Chris-Jones-Macbook-Pro ~ > sudo port clean qt4-kde
> > --->  Cleaning qt4-kde
> > Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: xinstall: Cannot
> > stat: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/
> > ports/aqua/qt4-kde/files/qt4-kde, No such file or directory
> > Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

A different error message is progress of sorts.
When qt4-mac was copied to qt4-kde, then one of the files
was not renamed as it should have been.

This has been fixed in r48782.
As soon as the changes show up on the rsync server,
port selfupdate
should allow you to install.

Thanks for catching my oversight.

-Marcus