dbus and launchd spinning out of control

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Sat Mar 28 15:44:16 PDT 2009

Darren Weber <dweber <at> macports.org> writes:

>Can this be resolved automatically?
>/opt/local/var/run/dbus/pidGiven the date of this pid file (Sep 2008),
>I can only assume that this entire
>process has been repeated every 10 seconds for months,
>whenever my laptop system is running.  I've now
>removed the old pid file and the launchd job has finally come to rest.

This is related to ticket #15081 (http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15081).
Your machine at some point probably suffered a forced reboot.
Since dbus does not need the nice features of MacPorts startup
(start, stop, restart, etc.), I am currently trying to bypass it in favor of a
simpler solution.
This should solve your problem.

As soon as I make more progress, I will post the relevant information in #15081.

-Marcus