Problem installing binary MacPorts 1.7.1

James Reese jreese99 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 29 14:16:50 PDT 2009

I'm using an iMac running OS X 10.5.6. When I run the MacPorts 1.7.1
installer, it gets to the step of "Finishing Installation" and never
completes. There is no apparent disk activity and no apparent comm
actvitity. I have to force kill it to get it to exit.

I've tried completely removing MacPorts using the instructions on the
wiki and rebooting the machine before trying the installation. In
every case I get to the same spot in the installation process and no
further.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim