Upgrade problem from libgphoto2 2.3.1_1 to 2.4.4_0 and trivial solution

David Shao davshaonr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 23:01:09 PDT 2009

On an Intel Macbook with Mac OS X 10.5.6, using
# port -R upgrade outdated
and having libgphoto2 2.3.1_1 produced an error

ptp2/library.c: In function 'camera_init':
ptp2/library.c:4813: error: 'GPPortSettingsUSB' has no member named
'maxpacketsize'

I believe I have tracked this down to the file ptp2/library.c using an
include with angle
brackets around the header
gphoto2/gphoto2-port.h
not quotation marks so that the current system headers in
/opt/local/include
were used instead of the revised headers, the revised headers having changed
struct _GPPortSettingsUSB to add the member maxpacketsize, the older headers
not having this member.  I suppose that is consistent with the version
number for
libgphoto2 changing from 2.3 to 2.4.

The simple solution of course is to uninstall libgphoto2 and then
install the new version.