subversion books ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 31 04:32:10 PDT 2009

On Mar 30, 2009, at 19:26, Bill Hernandez wrote:

> After trying to get subversion to work remotely via apache webdav
> and having dismal luck and many questions over the weekend, I went
> down to the local nerdbooks.com and bought three books this
> afternoon. They all had different aspects that I liked as I browsed
> through them, so instead of buying one as planned, I came home with
> three. But that's OK I'll read one and use the other two for
> reference.
>
> They (nerdbooks.com) do mostly all web based sales, but luckily
> they have a warehouse in Richardson, TX  (Dallas area).
>
> I don't know how their prices compare, but they do technical books
> only, and they have the most incredible selection.
>
> I posted the book info here in case this is helpful to others
>
> The Pragmatic Programmers
> Pragmatic Version Control using Subversion
> ISBN : 0-9776166-5-7
> Price : $34.95
> Discount Price : $20.97
>
> Bruce Perens Open Source Series
> Subversion Version Control
> ISBN : 978-0-13-185518-2
> Price : $44.99
> Discount Price : $26.54
>
> O'Reilly
> Version Control with Subversion
> ISBN : 978-0-596-51033-6
> Price : $39.99
> Discount Price : $25.99

I've seen the Pragmatic book recommended many times on the Subversion
Users list. And the O'Reilly book is of course the one that is
written by the authors of Subversion and is available free online at
http://svnbook.org/

You may also want to pass your recommendations on to the Subversion
Users list.