(MySQL Error 1148) Enabling "LOAD DATA" queries...?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun May 3 18:07:15 PDT 2009

On 2009-05-04 02:43, lists at mgreg.com wrote:
> I'm having an issue with my install of "mysql5-devel @5.1.34".  I'm
> trying to perform a "LOAD DATA" query, but I keep getting the following:
>
> 		ERROR 1148 (42000): The used command is not allowed with this MySQL
> version

Most probably you tried to use "LOAD DATA LOCAL", which has security issues.

See <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/load-data-local.html> for
more information.

> I've seen threads on enabling it, but I'm not sure where the
> configuration files for the macports version of mysql lies, nor am I
> sure about the best way to go about enabling it.

The configuration file should be placed at /opt/local/etc/mysql5/my.cnf
Examples can be found at /opt/local/share/mysql5/mysql/my-*.cnf

By default there is no configuration file because it is not necessary.

Rainer