qucs build error - Solved (sort of)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 14 15:17:11 PDT 2009

On May 14, 2009, at 16:59, Bjarne Bäckström wrote:

>>    Now I'm wondering, where does it get /sw from? ;-)
>
>    OK, temporarily renaming /sw made qucs and its dependencies
> build fine. Question is, why hasn't this been a problem with
> earlier versions of qucs (or other ports)?

I checked the previous version of qucs, 0.0.13, and it also
explicitly mentions /sw in its configure script. So maybe this hasn't
been a problem for you before because you did not have qt3 installed
within Fink before.

As to other ports, most of them probably do not explicitly mention /
sw in their configure scripts.

I'm sure it's a tricky situation for software developers: if they do
add paths like /sw and /opt/local to their configure scripts, they
make it easy for people to install their software manually and get
dependencies from a package manager. However, by doing this, they
make it more difficult to add their software to that package manager...