Native Quartz version of gnucash

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:24:58 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:46 PM, cory steers <madsteer at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I noticed that I
> could get a native Quartz version of gnucash as outlined here:
>  http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail#Using_MacPorts_to_install_the_native_Quartz_version_of_GnuCash
> so I decided to give macports a try.

I gave that procedure a try myself, and I got a working GnuCash - but
not a Quartz GnuCash.  It runs under X11.  Just to make sure, I quit
my X server, and doing so killed GnuCash.

I suspect that some partially-built code from a previous build took
precedence over my new configuration.  I did do both "port uninstall
gnucash" and "port clean gnucash" before I tried the install.  The
build happened quite quickly, just a few minutes, whereas I remember
previous attempts took several hours.

Short of blowing away my whole /opt directory, is there a way I can
guarantee a clean build?  That is, I want to clean all the
dependencies too, and GnuCash has a lot of them.

Here is my /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf:

+no_static
+no_x11
-x11
+quartz

I'd be quite stoked if I could get a Quartz build of GnuCash working.
I've been just using these giant OpenOffice spreadsheets for all my
bookkeeping.  They do the job, but leave much to be desired.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com