Native Quartz version of gnucash

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 21 20:54:20 PDT 2009

On May 21, 2009, at 22:21, cory steers wrote:

> So, thanks a lot to all the help I've received so far.  "sudo port
> install gnucash" ran to completion without incident:  However, when
> I try to run gnucash, I get the following:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libintl.1.dylib
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libgnc-backend-file-utils.0.dylib
>   Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap

It looks like you have things installed in both /usr/local (where
user-installed software often goes) and /sw (where Fink usually puts
things). Neither is supported while using MacPorts as they can
interfere. As you see, for some reason MacPorts was trying to use
libgnc-backend-file-utils.0.dylib which you manually installed in /
usr/local, which had itself been built to link with an old version of
the gettext library libintl.1.dylib which had been installed with
Fink but which Fink presumably removed by now because a newer version
is available.

I recommend you rename /sw and /usr/local, clean any ports you were
trying to install, and try again. Once you have installed any
software you need using MacPorts, you can remove /sw and /usr/local.