dbus @1.2.12_5 apparent regression, can't "launchctl load"

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon May 25 18:15:57 PDT 2009

On 2009-05-25 08:25, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I
> don't recognise a  <Disabled> key in my plist.
> See the listing below.  Also, don't dbus
> @1.2.12_5 and dbus @1.2.12_4 operate on the same
> plist file?  Why would one work, and not the
> other?

To correct this, actually I meant <key>Disabled</key>. But that is not
there either.

I don't know if they differ. If you still have both installed, you could
check with:
diff -u
/opt/local/var/macports/software/dbus/1.2.12_{4,5}/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

[snip]
> Any other suggestions?
> For now, I've reverted to dbus @1.2.12_4, and that works for me.

The diff between the last revision of @1.2.12_4 and @1.2.12_5 as HEAD is
not trivial [1], there could be a problem somewhere. But I don't see any
changes which obviously could introduce a problem with the
freedesktop.dbus-session.plist file...

Rainer

[1]
http://trac.macports.org/changeset?old_path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdports%2Fdevel%2Fdbus%2FPortfile&old=49299&new_path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdports%2Fdevel%2Fdbus%2FPortfile&new=HEAD