dbus @1.2.12_5 apparent regression, can't "launchctl load"

Jim DeLaHunt from.macports at jdlh.com
Tue May 26 22:47:37 PDT 2009

Mike:

Thank you for your reply.

At 1:08 PM -0400 5/26/09, Mike Alexander wrote:
>--On May 25, 2009 8:19:18 PM -0700 Jim DeLaHunt
><from.macports at jdlh.com> wrote:
>
>>  I'm not sure what to make of this.  Does dbus @1.2.12_5 fail because
>>  its ./LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist file never got
>>  installed?
>
>Are you sure that 1.2.12_5 is installed and activated?  That file
>may not exist unless that version is active.  It does exist on my
>machine. This version of dbus does work if it's installed correctly.
>I've been using it with GnuCash for quite a while now.

dbus @1.2.12_5 is installed, but not activiated.  The issue which
launched this thread is that dbus @1.2.12_5 was failing and hence
gnucash couldn't get any configuration, including its document file,
on startup.  Deactivating dbus @1.2.12_5 and reactivating dbus
@1.2.12_4 fixed this for me.

I started this thread in the hopes of reporting my problem with dbus
@1.2.12_5, and helping provide evidence to someone who could diagnose
the problem.
--
     --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
       multilingual websites consultant

       157-2906 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6K 2G8, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953