Upgrade errors.

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Thu May 28 22:36:29 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 09:35:57PM -0700, Frank J. R. Hanstick said:
> Hello,
> 	I got the following errors following:
[...]
> Error: No port perl5.9 found.
> Error: No port render found.
> Error: No port render found.
>
> are about.  I may have seen these before; but, cannot remember when or
> why.

perl5.9 was renamed perl5.9-devel over a year ago [1], then deleted about a
month after that [2] in favor of the release-status perl5.10.  Depending on
what you're doing with it, going with perl5.10 is probably the best choice.

The render port was removed [3] in favor of xorg-renderproto after being a
stub port for a while.  Just force-uninstall render and you should be fine
as it should have been only a build-time dependency and xorg-renderproto
takes care of that now.

Unfortunately MacPorts doesn't have any sort of support for
renaming/deleting ports so this kind of issue occasionally surfaces.

Bryan

[1] - <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/32171>
[2] - <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/32638>
[3] - <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/44924>