Looking for a port that installs a .app in /Applications/MacPorts/

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 5 15:54:54 PST 2009

Olaf Foellinger wrote:

> Fernando Nasser wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a port that installs a .app in
>> /Applications/MacPorts/ so I can use it as an example to add that
>> for other posts.
>>
>> Can someone tell me a port that has this feature?
>
> Gimp.app

And FYI, you can figure this out, by searching all portfiles for the
string "applications_dir", which is the MacPorts variable which by
default has the value /Applications/MacPorts (though the user can
change it in macports.conf). To search all portfiles for this, you
could do:

cd $(port dir MacPorts)/../..
grep applications_dir */*/Portfile

There are also still some ports that hardcode /Applications/MacPorts.
These ports should be updated to use the ${applications_dir} variable.
To find these ports:

cd $(port dir MacPorts)/../..
grep /Applications/MacPorts */*/Portfile