View/Hide /opt folder from Finder

Steven Rogers srogers1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:53:33 PST 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:15 AM, Luís Beça wrote:

> How can I View/Hide the /opt folder from Finder? I have a laptop
> with macports installed
> that for some reason does not display the /opt folder in the Finder...

You can temporarily get around it by just going to Finder => Go => Go
to folder . . .   and typing in /opt  - that will give you a finder
window. There are ways to change the defaults for what is hidden and
what isn't. If you want to change visibility permanently - give it a
google. I think there are some apps which provide an easy interface
for it. I just use shift-command-G which usually has /opt/local or
~/.ssh already in it . . .

SR