kdebase4 apps fail to start w/LSOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10810

Richard DeLaurell richard.delaurell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 14:01:34 PST 2009

Probably a very newbie question, but all of my kdebase4 apps (konsole, e.g.)
fail to start and return this error:

LSOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10810 for the file
/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/
konsole.app

I searched the archive, but the only reference seems to be about doxygen
which is installed, active and up-to-date on my system.

All of the kdegames4 apps do start, however, via this command:

>open /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/<app name>.app

or even via the dock.

What am I doing/have done wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Richard

MBP-Core2Duo, 4G; OS X 10.5.8; MacPorts v. 1.8.1