kdebase4 apps fail to start w/LSOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10810

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sun Nov 8 16:12:44 PST 2009

What changed?  Did you update something recently?  Hardware, OS?
According to this: http://samcogan.com/blog/?p=23
It is an 64/32 issue on a Java update, which does seem related.

What they are doing is yanking out the 64 bit ode from the
JavaVM.framework with the lipo command.  You may be able to fix it by
rebuilding your ports apps, to they get built as 64 bit, but that also
may not be possible either.

Did this correlate to an update to MP 1.8?

If you are involved in the software dev circles for kdebase4, you may
want to report your findings to them, so they can maybe fix it on
their end, assuming that is possible, or even their issue.

The above link feels a little brute force to me, but it is not far off
from System Pref panes under Snow dumbing down to 32 bit, though that
just happens to do it's thing automatically.