A few pointers about launchd and daemondo

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Nov 9 02:50:13 PST 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 12:21 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2009, at 17:54, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> I have moved to making my own normal .plist files and putting them
>> in files/tld.app.binary.plist, so org.pure-ftpd.ftpd.plist or
>> similar.
>
> Since pure-ftpd's web site is pureftpd.org (not pure-ftpd.org which
> appears to be owned by a domain squatter), the name of the plist
> should be org.pureftpd.whatever (not org.pure-ftpd.whatever).

I have been meaning to ask about this, as the current port is
pureftpd, and mind is pure-ftpd.  All binaries are pure-ftpd, the only
thing that is not is the webite.

The app is "Pure-FTPd".  When I work out this variant conflicts issue,
what is the procedure for the fact there is an old per with the name
of pureftpd, and I am going with pure-ftpd?

Where does it state the the correct naming conventions for laaunchd
plists?

I never knew the name was supposed to resolve back to the reverse of
the website.

What do you do on a hosted site, for example:
developersfiles.com/imagetool

-> com.developersfiles.imagetool ?

Seems weird to hold them all under a domain that just hosts the
files.  SF.net being one of them, but they at least use
projectname.sourceforge.net

And then, all this is in macports, so maybe I should use
org.macports.pure-ftpd.whatever.