A few pointers about launchd and daemondo

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Nov 9 20:42:57 PST 2009

>> The app is "Pure-FTPd".  When I work out this variant conflicts
>> issue, what is the procedure for the fact there is an old per with
>> the name of pureftpd, and I am going with pure-ftpd?
>
> Prior to MacPorts 1.8.0, the advice was: never rename a port,
> because we have no facility for supporting that. Now we do: the
> "replaced_by" keyword. So if you want to change the port name, you
> would leave a "stub port" called pureftpd which says it has been
> "replaced_by pure-ftpd". This way, anybody who already has the port
> pureftpd installed will be properly advised to upgrade to pure-ftpd
> via "port outdated".
>
> Note the port name doesn't have to match the binary name (though I
> can see how it might be clearer). For example, the port pkgconfig
> installs the binary pkg-config.

Seriously, every port I touch has some aspect to it that makes it more
than just a straight port :)  I used to hate p5's. I love p5's now.
P5's are totally my friends, all other ports, I am making a list, when
I go on my killing spree, alphabetical, keeping ASSP rightly at the
top of that list

Thanks for your other explanations, they were helpful, especially to
see you had the same thoughts as I did wit using your name in a plist.