qt4-mac +noframework variant cannot be used on macosx 10.6

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue Nov 10 00:38:07 PST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 09:28:43AM +0100, eric moscardi said:
> Hi macports-users,
>
> I have to install qt4-mac with +noframework on MacOsX 10.6, so I run:
> "port install qt4-mac +noframework " but I have a error: Variant
> noframework conflicts with cocoa.
> How can I install qt4 without framework?

Try

$ sudo port install qt4-mac +noframework -cocoa

It looks like +cocoa is selected by default on 10.6 so you need to
specifically disable it.  The reason appears to be in ticket #21960:

<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21960>

Not sure how well things will work without +cocoa, if it even builds...

Bryan