error sudo port -d selfupdate

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Nov 12 03:24:26 PST 2009

On 2009-11-12 21:18, Alejandro Buschiazzo wrote:
> Dear members,
>
> I have just installed Darwinports 1.7 on my intel MacBook (osx 10.4.11)

DarwinPorts no longer exists. Any site claiming to be it is lying:
<http://trac.macports.org/wiki/DarwinPorts>

The current version of *MacPorts* is 1.8.1, and it should be obtained
from the official site: <http://www.macports.org/install.php>

> when I attempt 'sudo port -d selfupdate', I get a bunch of compilation
> errors (I copy an extract of this output below)

Looks like it is picking up an incompatible Tcl installation in /usr/local.

- Josh