kdegraphics4 install problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 12 14:00:38 PST 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 12:07, Darren Temple wrote:

> Thanks Nicolas - but if Macports only has Soprano 2.2.1, how do I
> then install 2.3.0 correctly?!

You, or somebody, updates the port. If no ticket has yet been filed
requesting such an update, filing such a ticket would be a good first
step.

> Okay, I've just downloaded "soprano-2.3.1.tar.bz2" from sourceforge
> and have it unzipped, then there's a nice INSTALL file which tells
> me how to install it ... providing I know what I'm doing to an
> extent. There's the problem. Where should I make the build
> directory?! What are the correct arguments to cmake?!

It would be easier to update the existing functional (or presumably at
least at one time functional) portfile than trying to figure it all
out again from scratch. The portfile actually couldn't be more
straightforward, for a kde port. All the complexity is hidden away in
the kde4 portgroup so you don't need to see it.