Subversion Port Install Failure

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Fri Nov 13 00:09:48 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 06:50:03PM +1100, Mike Hannibal said:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install subversion and I got this error:
>
> Could somebody suggest how to resolve this?
>
> thanks
> Mike
>
> >--->  Fetching neon
[...]
> >checking expat.h usability... yes
> >checking expat.h presence... yes
> >checking for expat.h... yes
> >checking for XML_SetXmlDeclHandler in -lexpat... no
> >configure: error: expat library not found, cannot proceed
> >
> >Error: The following dependencies failed to build: neon serf
> >Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

expat is definitely listed as a dependency of neon, so should have been
installed; what is the result from running the following?

$ port installed expat
$ lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libexpat.dylib

If the latter says the architecture is i386 and you have a 64bit-capable
machine, see

<http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration>

Bryan