transfig/fig2dev

Luis A Lastras lastrasl at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 13 09:57:54 PST 2009

Ryan/Josh:

I did a port selfupdate, uninstalled and cleaned xpm (I had to uninstall
other stuff that had dependencies), did the same for transfig, and
then installed transfig.

I did see different behavior - port install transfig downloaded and
compiled many other things that it didn't do before. But when it came down
to xpm I got the same
problem as before.

By the way, I am cutting and pasting only the relevant part in this and the
previous e-mail. So the install does proceed after this error.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Luis

DEBUG: Assembled command: 'cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_print_transfig/work/transfig.3.2.5"
 && /usr/bin/make install install.man
DESTDIR=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_print_transfig/work/destroot'
installing in ./fig2dev...
rm -f fig2dev.o
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -c -Os -Wall -Wpointer-arith -no-cpp-precomp   -I..
-I/opt/local/include    -D__i386__ -D__DARWIN__
-DNO_ALLOCA -DCSRG_BASED         -DNFSS -DUSE_INLINE 	-DI18N  -DUSE_PNG
-DUSE_XPM -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11    fig2dev.c
In file included from fig2dev.c:29:
object.h:20:17: error: xpm.h: No such file or directory
In file included from fig2dev.c:29:
object.h:158: error: syntax error before 'XpmImage'
object.h:158: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
object.h:168: error: syntax error before '}' token
object.h:169: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'F_pic'
object.h:169: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
fig2dev.c:375: warning: return type defaults to 'int'
make[1]: *** [fig2dev.o] Error 1